Document authorisations are handled through tasks with linked documents.
- When creating documents the user will be presented with an option to review the documents before seeking authorisation. If the starting point for creating the document was an action in an existing task, another user (if they don't have permission to authorise).
- When authorisation is requested from another user, that user will be sent an email with a link to the authorisation task.
- The user authorising the documents has an option to reject (click on the cross under the authorise column) and enter comments against any documents they are not happy with. The task will then be routed back to the preparing user (or any other chosen user) for rectification.
- Once the documents have been authorised, the task (or the despatch task should you choose to create one), provides a single click solution for inserting a digital signature, mail merging a hard copy, converting to pdf, or printing, previewing and sending a document or message, or lodging a lodgement. This functionality is available through the tasks or through the document outputs and despatch screen available via right-hand click popup menu on a document in document management.
- After being merged and/or converted to pdf, pre-merge and pre-pdf copies of the document are retained by the system and can be restored through document properties. If the documents are restored, all previous authorisations are revoked.
- A custom merging procedure has been implemented for creating mail merge document output. The merge can still be done manually through Word, however, we encourage you to use the new method for ease of use, enhanced formatting and the ability to create customised outputs.