The following example is based on importing a new Purchase Order (PO) Form so it can be edited in the Report Designer and selected as a Type when printing within Insolvency.
When selecting Print for a particular PO you are presented with a list of Types to use.
1. Right click on a type and select "New PO based on...." as follows:
2. You will be asked to choose a new name which should be relevant to the template that is being imported.
3. You will now see the new PO Type in the list, select it and choose "Design"
4. This will bring you onto the Report Designer, however the Form which is in the view is still the original one, it is just a duplicate. You will need to import the new Form to replace this one.
5. To import the new Form go to File → Open and choose the required RPX file.
6. You will be asked whether you want to save the existing layout, you must answer NO so that the new Form comes in and replaces the exiting one. This is because we are using the current Form as a shell to place our new Form in so it is visible in the system selection box. There is no straight way to bring a new template into the system without basing it on an already exiting PO Type.
7. Select the new RPX file.
8. Now you need to make a dummy change to the imported Form. This is to force the system to do a save, if you don't do this step the system will revert to the original form when you exit the Report Designer and you will therefore lose your newly imported file.
The easiest thing to do is make a minimal change to a text field which can then be modified later (after saving) to reflect its original value. When you highlight the text field a box under the Property Toolbox will also be highlighted. Modify the value in here to make a change to the Form.
9. Save and Exit the Form (bottom right of screen) and you will now have the imported template under the name you based the design on in step 2. You have effectively imported a new form which is visible within Insolvency.
Don't forget to come back into the Form and change back the earlier text dummy modification done in step 8.