To add a file note:
- From the toolbar select "Add or Import Data" > "Add File Note"
The file note form appears.
- Enter the file note details
The category will default to "File Notes", but you may edit the category.
- Subject and
- Save the file note
To save the file note, click the "Disk" toolbar item.
The file note is now saved.
File notes can be added from the menu of any transaction, creditor, asset, bank reconciliations, or tasks by selecting New File Note from the toolbar.
The Document toolbar is displayed:
The Task toolbar is displayed:
The Creditor toolbar is displayed:
It is also possible to configure templates for your file notes, this is available from the templates menu.
Saving a file note as a PDF
To output the file note,
- Open the File note
- From the "File" menu, select "Print"
The print output form displays.
- From the Export Options, choose "PDF"
- Click "Export"
The Save file dialogue displays.
- Select the file name and click "Save" to save the file.
Printing a list of file notes
To output a listing of all file notes:
From "Reports & Forms > Document Reports" menu select the "Document Listing" report.
The file notes appear in the documents report.
Searching for a file note
You can search the jobs document management folder for all file notes.
- In the document search box, select the "File Notes" document type.
- click "Search Now"
The file notes appear in the documents list.