You may wish to relocate the job document folders to a new server from time-to-time.
Each Job has its own document management folder, however, the document root folder is specified in one location and may be moved or updated.
When documents are output from the software, the document is placed into the job's document folder.
To specify a different file-system location, open the Application Settings from the Main Menu.
The following dialogue displays (below).
On the Document tab, click on the Document Management Root directory browse to the new file location.
Users need read/write permissions on document folders.
Take into account the following:
1. When you change the document management root folder for corporate and personal jobs the new settings will take effect for all new jobs.
2. Existing jobs will still default under the previous location document structure, existing job's folders won't change (and consequently where the docs are saved to). If you want to move the existing document management folders for each Job, then, contact support and we can provide you with an update script.
3. You should review the application settings and see if any paths need to be moved (e.g. the location of the cheque print output).
4. You may have a separate document management root folders for each of your practices. Select the correct practice from the practice drop-down to set the location for each practice.
5. The Default Document Management folders are the set of folders that are automatically created when you add a new job.