The default configuration for batch and document approvals creates a batch file which references the path to the Insolvency application. This batch file is then attached to the authorisation email and sent to the approving user. Running the batch file opens the application and displays the items to approve. The path to the application may vary between machines depending on a particular machine’s installation configuration and there may also be permissions issues which can prevent the approval task loading properly.
Insolvency has an alternate approvals configuration which overcomes these issues. Please have your IT department follow the instructions below to configure. Please note this is designed to work with standard local machine installations and may not work with published application configurations (Eg: Citrix)
- Locate a network share location which all users accessing the application have access to. For example, you may choose to use the path specified in Application Settings -> Document Settings -> Merge Templates Root Directory. In that path there is a system sub directory which is a suitable location to use.
- Locate the Insolvency program files directory. This is normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Insol6\Insolvency or C:\Program Files\Insol6\Insolvency. (Pre v2020.03 - C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\Insolvency or C:\Program Files\MYOB\Insolvency.)
- In that directory, locate the file InsolvencyAuths.exe
- Copy the InsolvencyAuths.exe to the location specified in step 1 above.
- Once the file is copied to the new location, check the properties of the file to make sure that it is not blocked. As the path suggested in step 1 above is generally a trusted location, then you should not have any issues with this. Download the two attached SQL script files Set Batch Auth Exe Path.sql and Set Docs Auth Exe Path.sql.
- Modify the path specified in both script files to be the path to InsolvencyAuths.exe in the location specified above. Note that in the example files a UNC path is specified. Your configuration may use a mapped network drive. Please check Application Settings -> Document Settings -> Merge Templates Root Directory and use the same settings as specified there.
- Execute both script files against your Insolvency database.
Once the steps above are complete, restart the application and send out new batch and document approval emails and test that the approvals application is functioning correctly.
Please note that old approval emails will still use the old method and cannot be used for testing the new method. Additionally, the Insolvency application must be installed on the authorisation recipients machine. InsolvencyAuths.exe will not run as a standalone application as it requires resources and the configuration to be present on the local machine.
Finally, the approvals will be presented differently to the approving user in that the approval task will appear as a standalone window whereas previously the entire Insolvency application was loaded.