If you create a merge code in a Word Document be sure to use a MS Word Merge Field.
Use Insert > Field in MS Word, or, copy an existing merge field from another template.
If a merge field does not populate, it may be that free text has been typed into a document template. If you open the template:
- You should be able to click onto the field.
- Right-click on the field and the Edit Field option is available.
You can see that when you compare an correct merge code pictured below («PostCode») you are able to right-click on the field and the Edit Field option is available.
- Select Edit Field and the Field option dialogue appears.
Enter the field name as the field you need.
You may print the list of available merge fields from the Manage Document Templates > Reports > Merge Field Listing.
- Ensure that when you output a merge a Word error doesn't occur.
- Also see SQL Security Check