If errors are reported when running the SQL update, you must discontinue the upgrade.
Procedure for updating your database
- Download the SQL upgrade file contained in the Combined_xxxx_xx_to_xxxx_xx.zip from the location provided.
- Unzip the SQL file contained in the zip file to a known location in the file system. The file will unzip as a file with the name Update x.x.x to x.x.xx Cumulative.sql.
- Ensure all users are logged out of Insol 6 Insolvency.
- Click Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019 > SQL Server Management Studio.
- Enter your credentials to log into the SQL server.
- Click Connect.
- In the object explorer left hand side pane, right click on Databases > Insol2 database and select Tasks > Backup. Add a location for the database backup and click OK.
Make sure that the backup has been taken and you are familiar with the procedure to restore a database from the backup before continuing.
- Select File > Open > File and locate the SQL file from step 2. The update file will open in a new query window.
- Ensure that you have the Insol2 database selected to run the update.
- Click Execute.
The query will then execute. After a short period, a message is displayed below the lower pane confirming that the query was executed successfully. The server update is now complete.
- Close SQL Server Management Studio.
Copyright 2020 Exalt Technologies. All rights reserved.
This help topic is provided as a guide only, in accordance with our Legal Disclaimer.
For specific taxation or accounting advice, please consult the relevant tax authority or regulator