To be able submit STP on behalf of an entity you first need to complete the ATO form - Appointment or cessation of a representative of an incapacitated entity and lodge this form via the ATO Business Portal.
- Tick "Yes" to create direct access the ATO business portal
- Enter your Practice ABN to access the external entities details from your practice's MyGovID as a BAS Agent
The ATO may not link some types of external administration due to the possibility there may be multiple CAC numbers. An example is voluntary administrations, DOCAs and Receiverships where there may be multiple appointments existing at the same time.
- If you experience authentication errors submitting STP (as you are not authorised) then check the ABN and intermediary credentials you're using to lodge with.
- If you have an intermediary relationship ensure the details are entered correctly (or if you have not been registered as an intermediary try to submit without entering these details).
- To verify your details you can try to login to the business portal or contact the ATO to verify your credentials.