Form ORSM1 is produced from Circulars & Mailing > Forms and the contents of the form is generated by a wizard.
1. In the first page of the wizard, enter the start and end dates for the form. These should be auto-populated based on the last submitted form but can be altered as required.
2. The next page of the wizard lists the jobs’ accounts. Each account must be reconciled before the form may be generated. Accounts that have not been reconciled are flagged in red on this screen.
Once all accounts have been reconciled, click ‘Next’.
3. The next screen shows the number of creditors, their claims and any dividends and distributions paid.
4. The wizard now displays a summary of the receipts and payments, which will form part of ORSM1.
The total values shown may be drilled down to examine the individual values by clicking the ellipsis button .
Individual entries may be amended at this point by clicking the 'TransID' hyperlink, which opens the original transaction for editing.
Close the report viewer and click ‘Next’.
5. The next screen of the wizard allows the following information to be entered:
- The date of expected completion or the date of cessation
- Whether a dividend will be paid
- Any causes of delay to completion of the job
- Any disposals for other than cash
Any values entered here should be retained and displayed in the form produced in the next period. These values may also be amended as necessary.
6. The next two screens summarise the remaining assets and estimated payments in the estate, which generally will not need to be amended.
Click ‘Next’ to both screens.
7. The next screen displays the available documents for production, in this case, form ORSM1. The form can be produced directly from this screen for review, or produced and sent to the job’s document management folder.
Double-click on the form to generate and display the form, or click ‘Next’ to generate the form and move to the next step of the wizard.
8. The next screen may allow for an e-mail to be sent to another staff member to authorise the form, which is dependent on application settings. If a member of staff is selected, an authorisation task is also generated.
Make a selection if required and click ‘Next’.
If no selection is made, a confirmation is required.
9. On the final screen of the wizard, the form can be previewed in the document management folder by selecting the checkbox. Otherwise, click ‘Finish’.
If the checkbox is selected, the document management screen will be opened.