You may experience this error when attempting to log into Insol6 for the first time.
If you experience the error please access Services on your SQL Server by typing services in the search field.
Open Services and scroll down to SQL Server Browser. The Status should be running and the Startup Type should be Automatic. If the Status is disabled you will need to update it.
Right hand click and select Properties.
Change the Startup type to Automatic and click Apply > OK
Now try to log into the Insol6 application.
Steps to resolve the below error:
Connect using the IP address and port (123456789,1433) after disabling shared memory access in the protocols. After successfully connecting, re-enable shared memory and the software should connected without issue.
Start the SQL server browser service and connect to the application using the named instance MYSVR\MYINSTANCE.
This may typically be a problem (connection issue) when running the software and database on the same server running a server based operating system.
Steps to resolve:
- Make sure SQL browser service is running and attempt to connect using the named instance.
- If that doesn’t work, disable the shared memory protocol, and connect the application.
- Re-enable the shared memory protocol.
- Restart the SQL server service
- Check that you can still connect.
- If none of the above work, disable shared memory and connect using the IP address and port.
Once the app is up and running, you can go into help à about and check which provider you are running. Double clicking on the Provider line will pop up the current connection string being used by the application.