- This error will show when you have not entered an intermediary ABN and you are required to enter one.
- Provide a screenshot to support of the jobs's organisation details
Enter the intermediary ABN here. (ensure there are no spaces). Once the intermediary ABN is entered you should be able to authenticate.
This error usually occurs when following these steps
- Open the BAS Wizard
- The electronic lodgement method is set (Online via ATO SBR)
- Enter the M2M keystore credential
This is explained here
- Enter ABN, CAC and preparer details
- Click "Next"
- SBR.GEN.AUTH.004 Error occurs
If entering the agent number doesn't resolve, try the following steps:
- Re-issue a new M2M credential
- Make sure the credential is created with auto access (see M2M article)
- Check the agent number entered in the BAS wizard, or
- Provide support with the screenshots of the screen where the agent number is entered
- Try lodging both with and without the agent number,
- Confirm you can lodge on other jobs where you have exactly with the same credentials
- agent no
- keystore and password
- Check you can log on to the ATO business portal?
- Make sure the correct CAC is entered
- If this job is a receivership, is there an other appointee for a VA?
- Acknowledging this is an ATO credential issue, you may have to check with the ATO. When raising with the ATO you may need to quote your STP lodgement reference
- Ensure the original ATO application (the incapacitated entity form) correctly requested access to the business portal.