The purpose of this article is to provide guidance on the process for the migration of your existing system to Timekeeping.
- The TK application is cloud-based, so your IT consultant will provision the storage of your database with the could provider.
- We will liaise with you regarding the format the extraction required from your existing software/database.
- The following article explains how to extract data from external systems using a query.
- A test extraction will be taken and a test migration performed to identify any issues with the migration. This is to ensure the final migration can be completed quickly and without error.
Although external systems may record time annd disbursements in a similar manner, there will be certain differences in metadata, such as time category descriptions, between implementations as generally, the practice will have the ability to amend the metadata. An extraction script which worked for one practice may create discrepancies in another.
- If required, the test migration on a limited number of jobs can be reviewed.
- We will agree on a day and time that the final data extraction will occur from your existing software/database.
After this step, you must not enter any new entries into your existing system as those entries will not be migrated to Timekeeping. However, you may enter time and disbursements directly into Timekeeping, which is not affected by any subsequent time import.
- Once the extracted data has been provided to us, the data is checked and formatted for migration into the system using the process established in the test extraction.
- You will be notified when the live data is available.