Debtor Contribution Record Bulk Import
A custom data import process allows you to import debtor contributions records for existing debtors.
You must first import the job and debtor records in order to match the contribution to the debtor.
To import a list of contributions:
Navigate to the Practice (using the LHS practice menu).
Click the Import/Export Data toolbar button.
Select the "Import/Export Custom Data" menu item
The import option dialog appears.
Select the "Import Data" option.
You will be prompted to select a file import type.
Select the "Contribution Record Import" option.
Select the "File to Import" ellipsis.
The "Select file" dialogue appears and you will be prompted to locate a file.
Select the file and click "Open".
The file is selected.
Click "Finish" to Import the data.
The contribution records are now created.
The import spreadsheet columns and data are validated before the import process begins.
The import also validates other data, including:
- Missing or incorrect job short name
- Missing start date for contributions
- Missing value for the total contributions received
- Missing contributions period
Imported contribution records
Please take note of the following aspects of the contribution record import:
- The debtor record has to be created before contribution records may be imported.
- If a value for the periodic contribution is missing, this will be created as part of the import based on the total liability divided by the number of payments.
- Contribution records imported in this way do not have accounts receivable entries associated with the contributions. The contribution record is still shown in the asset register.
- Contributions received are allocated to the debtor's contribution record in the transaction entry.