How Capacity Works?
Each employee has a capacity based on a number of hours which can be configured over applicable time periods.
By working out the working capacity of an employee and comparing the capacity to the actual number of time entered, you may calculate an employee's capacity.
Configuring Capacity Maintenance
Employee Capacity may be configured in the System "Settings" menu, at this address:
Capacity is determined by a hierarchy of the following:
- An application wide capacity (default)
The default base-line setting applying to all employees
- A practice (office)
- A specific a capacity for a Employee Position
- A combination of Practice and Employee Position
- A Specific a capacity for a User
- A system override.
The default capacity at the top is progressively overridden by each capacity entry as you go further down each section. Each section has more granular filtering down to each individual user. Finally the override section will set an override for all users.
To add capacity:
- Expand the section for the hierarchy you wish to apply
- click the "Add" button
- Select/Complete the relevant information, dates, user, chargeable, total hours
- Click "Save"
- If you leave a value [blank], it will not override the previous setting in the hierarchy
- Employee capacity is configurable for applicable time periods.
- Employee capacity rates use the latest prevailing rate for the user position to compare to actual
- The override section will override all previous settings for all users. Use this "override" to reduce the capacity for public holidays or practice-wide lay days.
- Some Employee Positions may have a reduced capacity applied to their positions, for example graduates or part-time employees may be expected to have less chargeable hours