Create a M2M credential
This is the process to create a M2M credential:
1. Log into https://info.authorisationmanager.gov.au/.
2. Link your user to your ABN in Relationship Authorisation Manager. You will have the option to "Manage Credentials".
3. Add the internet extension "addons" for the ATO in your browser security settings:
- Important: You need to use a supported browser, such as Chrome.
4. Make sure you can see the button "Create Machine Credential"
Once you click on the green create machine credential you will be asked to create a password and then download the keystore. This will generally download to: C:\Users\[you]\AppData
Creating a machine credential allows you to download a keystore file to your PC or network.
Important Note (Auto access)
Use "Whose business I can access" to give your credential "auto access" which makes sure any new companies can be accessed from your MyGovID.
Login to https://am.ato.gov.au
- Authorisation Administrator logs into the ATO Access Manager using a myGovID
- Under the heading “Business Appointments” in the left hand menu select “Whose business I can access”
- Click on “My credential holders with auto access”
- Filter on “AccessLevel - Device” and locate the machine credential being used
- Under “Manage access” click “Give auto access" and confirm.
- Make sure you have a machine credential administrator by editing a user:
- Make sure users have Agency access to the ATO
- Add a user if need be
- Ring the ATO for assistance