- Install SQL Server:
- Note the server / instance details, usually the machine name and the server name in the form: <MACHINE_NAME>/<SERVER_NAME>. The server name is defined during SQL Server installation. This will be required for configuring the connection (below).
- Ensure mixed-mode authentication is selected (even if 'sa' user is disabled)
- After install, confirm TCP/IP and Named Pipes protocols are enabled
- SQL Database restore
- On prem: Restore backup *.bak (blank db). Note the name of the database for configuring the connection (below).
- Azure: Refer to Azure procedure
- Set up a new Azure client portal account
- Upload bacpac to blob docs
- Set up the login Insol2Users
- Ensure there is a back-up routine and that is handed over to IT
- On prem back up schedule
- Azure: Set PITR to 30 days
- Azure: Options for exporting bacpac
- Request a licence registration code
- Ensure the 'image' table permissions are set
- Make sure the latest rates are applied to the database.
- Create DM folder for the practice. Use existing client folders
- Create MT folder
- Download and unzip the current MTs
- Ensure that the MT files are unblocked
- Request / set up a trusted network drive for MTs and DM. The user profile may need to add the trust settings.
- For Azure, portal or External DMS enabled clients need to use UNC paths for DM and MT
Desktop installation and client data
- Download and Install client app
- Install client app with elevated administrative privilege
- Configure connection details (and communicate to IT)
- Ensure app can connect using Insol2Users
- Add an Admin user so the client can access the database
- Update practice details:
- practice name and corro name
- phone and fax numbers
- default email
- Update application settings
- Add users:
- Name, gender and initials
- Windows logon (if known). This is to enable the user to access the app
- Phone and fax numbers. These can be merged into documents if required.
- Email and Reply Email. These are used where correspondence is sent by email and can be merged into hard-copy correspondence. These are also used by the alerts system.
- If user is also an office-holder
- Add can accept appointment roles
(ensures user is available to select as office-holder in job)
- Add a reporting practice if needed
- Add can accept appointment roles
- Set up a WorkTeam and add users into a work team
- Ensure the Admin user can log on (confirms Insol2Users is correctly set up)
- Ensure user can login (confirms the user's Windows logon ID is correct)
- Test adding a job (confirms application functionality)
- Test merge document output (confirms Word security set correctly)
- Test email (confirms email settings correctly configured)
Merging issues (MS Word)
If you're having an issue merging templates:
- Navigate to LHS menu Manage Document Templates
- From the category tree, find
Corporate > General Letter.dotx
- Open General Letter by double clicking
If the file opens without any dialogue boxes appearing, this confirms template folders are located correctly and templates open without trusted issues. (Makes sure the file and database is in sync).
- Make sure template files are unblocked and opens without any protections or warning messages
If you cannot open the file, check the Merge Template settings in the Application Settings
Resolve any issues.
- Test the output of "General Letter.dotx"
This also tests that recipients are populated into a merge and there isn't a "SQLSecurityCheck" issues:
- Open a job
- ensure the job has creditors
- Use document production to output a test document with recipients