Please perform the following steps:
- Microsoft 365 - Create a user with the following details:
- Display name: System Administrator
- Email/Login: sysadmin@CLIENT.onmicorsoft.com (not on the domain and with no services) Global reader permissions would also be ideal
- Password: use a temp password for set up
Azure account (subscription)
This is generally for the client to set up as it requires some billing information to be added. If the client already has a suitable subscription, this step can be skipped.
An account can be set up as a 'pay as you go'.
- Log in to Azure portal: https://portal.azure.com/
- From the home page, open 'Subscriptions'.
- Select 'Add' to add a subscription.
The subscription will then show on the home page.
If the client already has a subscription, logging into Azure will show the subscription type:
Click on the subscription name to see the subscription details:
In the azure portal in the subscription permissions assign the Contributor Role in the IAM as below under “Privileged administrator roles”.
- If this is being set up for a client, you may also want to prepare the active directory at this stage. Some of the following steps will be configured with the users active directory settings.
- If this is being set up for test, and active directory is not available or not required, you can connect and use without active directory, so not a problem.
Usually this will be something like <client name><resource type> or <client name>_insolvency_<resource type>
Note that the various resource types have their own naming conventions, e.g. some allow upper and lower case, others don't allow hyphens, etc.
Additional KB articles: